Monday, April 6, 2009

A Happier Me

I can't remember the last time I was this happy. I can't seem to stop smiling, I am full of positive energy and I can see the lighter side of everything. I haven't been taking my anti depressants for about a week now and I am at that time when I would be the most snappy and moody person you ever encountered, but not this time.

Not everything is going right. We only have one car as Pat's decided not to work at 12.30am one night so we have to pay for that to be fixed. Centrelink made a HUGE mistake 6 months ago and now we owe them $1600 which we have to appeal; but it's not bringing me down like it normally would.

I don't know exactly what it is but it may have something to do with me working. I have always enjoyed working and I love the job I am in now. I am contributing to the relationship financially as well as emotionally and I don't feel so much like a failure anymore. I am WANTING to get up each morning and when I finish work I'm not dying to sit down and mope for a while I keep going and do things because I can and not because I need or have to.

I have also realised that my relationship with Pat is getting stronger and closer as time goes on and it still has that spark we had over 2 years ago. It's still fun and we still enjoy each others company. I look forward to spending time with him each day be it a few minutes because of our work commitments or a whole day.

Vanessa has also improved and grown. She is now toilet trained and hasn't had an accident for two weeks. She is writing alot more now and loves to play word games. She has also gotten really tall!!

Life is just going really well for me and I hope it continues to do so, and if it doesn't that I can hold onto how I'm feeling at the moment and see the light at the end of the tunnel.

My Life Laid Out

3 comments:

Mal Kiely [Lancelots Pram] said...

That's a positive post! I'm glad you've toilet-trained Pat and... hang on, let me read that again...?!? [giggles cheekily]

MsAngel said...

Good on ya girl. You are a wonderful person and working or not, I always enjoy your company. But it's always good to feel like you can contribute financially, in a relationship and especially when you love what you are doing. Keep smiling, I luv's ya!!

xxx

Murfomurf said...

You're really getting it together- the therapy, getting a job and reorganising the way you approach things seem to be good solutions for you. Great stuff! I hope it all stays together for you!